Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Songs

Mother's Day is the most important holiday celebrating the most important people in the Multiverse. I love my mom a whole lot, she's my best friend, harshest critic, mollycoddling maternal-figure and my world, and here's my list of songs that gets me thinking of her.


1. Because You Loved Me - Céline Dion

Beautiful song, a mesmerising Dion' classic with pretty simple, heartfelt lyrics that everyone can relate to. A favourite of my mom's and a favourite of mine, 'tis a must-have in any Mother's Day playlist.



2. Catch Your Fall - Gavin Mikhail

'Tis a really great song to dedicate to your mom, suave-edgy composition with lovely instrumentals and gorgeous vocals that could give a whole lot of other songs a run for their money.



3. Mama's Song - Carrie Underwood

A daughter reassuring her mom that she's made the right choices, and a farewell of sorts, 'tis a sentimental concoction by the gorgeous country vocalist, Carrie Underwood. Awesome-sauce.


4. Mother - Pink Floyd

A typical, semi-quirky relationship between a rocker son who's so many dreams and insecurities and a mollycoddling mom made into an awesomtastic song. Prepare to get yourself floored by the guitarmanship.




5. The Best Day - Taylor Swift

Simple, country-acoustic song about mom just making everyday seem special, even when things get downright awful. Light, airy and sincere 'twill be a nice dedication to all moms out there.


6. Mama - Il Divo

Il Divo being a synonym to decadence, and this song's all about 'Mama', missing her, loving her, watching her smile and all that lovely memories, crooned out by four very talented vocalist. Lovely, really.



7. Superwoman - Alicia Keys

A song befitting my superwoman, I s'pose 'tis a perfect Mother's Day song, jazz and soul oozing from Keys' low, husky-mellow tones. Groovy, 'tis an uplifting, powerful song.


8. I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song - Jim Croce

Images of someone waking their mom in the middle of the night with a guitar, singing her this song comes to my mind when I hear this song. Beautiful song, awesome lyrics, 'tis just perfect for the day.



9. Handful of Weeds - Sheri Easter

Endearingly beautiful, rustic-folk instrumentals serenading a song about a little girl who gave her mum a handful of weeds, a beautiful picture painted with rhythm and beats.


10. You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban

You had to know this was coming, because I don't think any song could choke emotions, passion and all that warmth into a tune as much as this one could. Amazing, 'tis somewhat left unparalleled.



Notable Mentions:

You're The Inspiration - Chicago
My Wish - Rascal Flatts
If I Could - Barbara Streisand
Hero - Mariah Carey
I'll Always Love My Mama - The Intruders

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a cool songs I found on itunes about mom's raising kids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpZEGCT-QJU

Anonymous said...

Mother's Day Song

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | GreenGeeks Review